Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Pretend it's yours

Each of you has looked at each others drawings and learned a lot from each other. Most of you have mentioned that person in your artist statement. Time to share your views. Find the person you mentioned or  new person and write an artist statement for the drawing as if YOU were the artist. It's all guesswork anyway  so use your imagination and think about what your artist had to do or overcome or has learned. What works best? Here are the statement questions again.
due friday
· WHAT WERE MY GOALS AND INTENTIONS IN THIS ARTWORK?

·         HOW DID I ACCOMPLISH THEM?
·         WHAT SURPRISED ME THE MOST ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE DOING THIS DRAWING?
·         What is my drawing ABOUT? (value, shading, shadows composition,etc?)

· WHAT WAS THE MOST DIFFICULT CHALLENGE I HAD TO FACE?

·         HOW DID I MEET THAT CHALLENGE?
·         IN WHAT WAYS DID I EXPERIENCE THE SHIFT TO RIGHT BRAIN ARTISTIC THINKING?

· WHERE DOES MY DRAWING REALLY WORK?

· WHAT ARE SOME THINGS HAVE I LEARNED THAT I CAN BRING INTO MY NEXT DRAWING

· NAME ANOTHER ARTIST IN THE CLASS AND DESCRIBE SOMETHING YOU LEARNED FROM THEM (EVEN IF YOU DIDN’T DO IT)

· IF I HAD A DO-OVER WHAT WOULD I DO?


· WHAT DO YOU FEEL IS THE BEST THING ABOUT YOUR WORK?

No comments:

Post a Comment