SKETCHBOOK COLOR STUDY WITH A MENTOR
2 page spread in oil pastel
1. SELECT A STILL LIFE PAINTING THAT INTERESTS YOU IN TERMS OF COLOR AND MARKMAKING FROM A REPRODUCTION IN A BOOK, POSTER, MAGAZINE OR INTERNET SITE.
2. Photocopy painting – glue in sketchbook.
3. Choose a section of painting (zoom in) that shows interesting color and markmaking. MAKE IT INTERESTING -NOT JUST ONE COLOR
4. Reproduce that section small(credit card size) in color pencil.
5. ENLARGE CHOSEN SECTION TO FILL ENTIRE PAGE USING OIL PASTEL . use leftover white space on page 1 to search and mix your colors
6. Include artist, name of painting, date ,“Tweet” bio. 140 letters?Artists to choose- Wayne Thibaud, Van Gogh, Matisse, Gaugin, Edward hopper, James Wyeth, Janet Fish, Connie Hays, Peggi Kroll, John Singer Sargent, Cezanne